Last Modified: May 2020
- Accessing the Website
We are not obligated to publish any information or content and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
· Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Prohibited Uses
· In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
· For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
· To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Organization, an Organization employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using E-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
· To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Organization or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
· To engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
· Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
· Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
· Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
· Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
· Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
· Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website are stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
· Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
· Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- User Contributions
Our Website may allow you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“User Contributions”). You represent and warrant that:
· You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You retain any and all of your rights to any User Contributions you submit, post or display on or through the Website and you are responsible for protecting those rights. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for User Contributions you or any third party posts on or through the Website. However, any User Contributions you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contributions on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material royalty-free for any purpose.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Organization, have full responsibility for such content, including their legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
a) Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
· Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
· Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
· Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE ORGANIZATION AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
b) Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of the Website. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
· Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
· Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
· Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
· Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
· Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
· Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof, collectively the “Content”) are owned by the Organization, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
· Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
· You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
· You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
· If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
· If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
· Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
· Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
· Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
· Access, or use, for any commercial purposes, any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
The Organization name, the Organization logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Organization or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Organization. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- E-mail Correspondence
- Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Website infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights (“Infringement”) of any person or entity.
If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit your claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Copyright Infringement” and include in your claim a detailed description of the alleged Infringement as detailed below, under DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims.
- DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims
The Organization, in appropriate circumstances, may remove from the Website information that might infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on the Website, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
· an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest;
· a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
· identification of the URL or other specific location on the Website where the material that you claim is infringing is located; your address, telephone number, and E-mail address;
· a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
· a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid and we will have no obligation to respond or acknowledge receipt of your notice. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you misrepresent or make bad-faith claims that any material on our Website infringes your copyrights. You can contact our Copyright Agent via E-mail at email@example.com.
THE COPYRIGHT AGENT SHOULD BE CONTACTED ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR WORK HAS BEEN USED OR COPIED IN A WAY THAT CONSTITUTES COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND SUCH INFRINGEMENT IS OCCURRING ON THE WEBSITE OR ON SITES LINKED TO FROM THE WEB SITE. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO THE COPYRIGHT AGENT WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
- Reliance on Information Posted
We are constantly updating product and service offerings on the Website. We may experience delays in updating information on the Website and in our advertising on other web sites. The information found on the Website may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Website and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Website.
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes, and may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provide by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Organization. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
- Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but the content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Information About You and Your Use of the Website
- Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Organization. The Organization has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites. You acknowledge and agree that the Organization shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% safe. Thus, we cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. The Organization has a variety of safeguards – technical, administrative, and physical – in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of user information. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE ORGANIZATION NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANIZATION MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE ORGANIZATION NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANIZATION REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE ORGANIZATION HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE ORGANIZATION, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, WEBSITE, OR APPLICATION LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation of Claims
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Organization and its affiliates, licensee and licensors, and its employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, judgments, awards, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses or fees (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Website, by you or any person accessing the Website through your internet connection; b) a breach of these Terms, or c) User Contributions posted on the Website.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- Your Comments and Concerns
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at:
· By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· By visiting this page on our website: https://mountainstatespotlight.org.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be to email@example.com.