Last modified: May 2020
Mountain State Spotlight (the “Organization” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Organization’s website https://mountainstatespotlight.org (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· From the Website.
· In E-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Organization or any third party (including our affiliates and/or subsidiaries); or
· Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Information We May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, E-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
· That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
As part of the nature of our business, we use the information provided by you to extend the services we offer. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when using our Website, posting content or material, or requesting further features. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Information you post, publish or display on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other Users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”).
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including E-mail addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries from the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
The Organization uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain our Website;
To notify you about changes to our Website;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so;
To provide customer support;
To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website;
To monitor the usage of our Website;
To detect, prevent, and address technical issues;
To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
For any other purpose with your consent; and
In any other way we may described when you provide information.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any E-mail we send.
Storage of Your Information
The Organization will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Organization will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Your Information
While we endeavor to provide the highest level of protection for your information, we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties in limited circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; or (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order.
If we are required by law to disclose the information that you have submitted, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice (unless we are prohibited or it would be futile) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email, if you have given us an E-mail address, or by mail if you have entered a mailing address. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
In addition, we may independently object to requests for access to information about users of our Website that we believe to be improper.
We may employ third-party service providers and data processors to facilitate our Website, provide the Website on our behalf, perform Website related services or assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We employ industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Links to Other Websites
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can send us an E-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California, European Union, and UK residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Rights Applicable to California, European Union and UK Residents for more information.
Children Under the Age of 14
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and our Website. Our Website are not intended for children under 14 years of age. If you are under the age of 14, do not use or provide any information on the Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, E-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 14, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have obtained any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights Applicable to California, European Union and UK Residents
Right of Access
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is being processed, and where that is the case, to request access to the personal information. The accessed information includes – among others – the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs
Right to Rectify and Complete Personal Information
You can request the rectification of inaccurate data and the completion of incomplete data. We will inform relevant third parties to whom we have transferred your data about the rectification and completion if we are legally obliged to do so.
Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal information concerning you in limited circumstances where:
· it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
· you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent);
· following a successful right to object;
· it has been processed unlawfully; or
· the data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation to which the Organization is subject. We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for:
1) compliance with a legal obligation; or
2) the establishment exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to request restrictions to the processing of your personal information. In this case, the respective data will be marked and can only be processed by us for certain purposes. This right can only be exercised where:
· the accuracy of your personal information is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy;
· the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the personal information erased;
· it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending. We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where
1) we have your consent;
2) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
3) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us, but in each case only where:
· the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
· the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object
You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its lawful basis. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms. The right to object does not exist, in particular, if the processing of your personal information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
Right to Object to How We Use Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes. You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to Withdraw Consent
If you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right to Obtain a Copy of Personal Information Safeguards for Transfer of Data Outside Your Jurisdiction
If you are a resident or citizen of the EU or UK (as applicable), you can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EU or the UK (as applicable). We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to Lodge a Complaint With Your Local Data Protection Authority
If you have concerns about how we process your personal information, you have a right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement).
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issue with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time. If you have any questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your privacy rights, please call us via E-mail at email@example.com.
European Union and UK Children Under the Age of 16
If you are a resident of the European Union or the UK and are under the age of 16, you may not use the Website unsupervised or provide any personal information to, or on, the Website without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are under 16 years of age, do not use or provide any information on the Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, E-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use unless under the supervision of a parent or guardian. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have obtained any information from or about a child under 16, without parental or guardian consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be to email@example.com.